One of the most important actions you can take right now is to step into your
own wisdom – for yourself and for our world.
The 8th SLaM Conference explores ideas and practices related to wisdom and how they are relevant to the complex issues that leaders and managers face in organisations today. In addition, the conference seeks to go a step further, by involving participants in a wisdom creation process. We invite you to step into your own wisdom, and join with others to evoke our collective wisdom.
Our goal at this conference is to tap into a deeper way of knowing, one that is needed to support our organisations, our communities and the environments we live in. Wisdom at work aims to create a world in which we can thrive, both individually and collectively.
The program is designed around a blend of key presenters, panels and plenary sessions, as well as papers, workshops and poster sessions. The conference also features well-being activities in the mornings, evening programs that include theatre performance, community-building activities, and a night of celebration.
Our process will be assisted by our key presenters:
- Dr Alan Briskin, Co-founder of the Collective Wisdom Initiative in California
- Dr Steve Taylor, Associate Professor of Management at Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Massachusetts.
- Peter and Alison Yiangou, Self Knowledge Global Responsibility Project, UK.
- Margot Cairnes, Founder & Chairman, Zaffrye International
- Abha Maryada Banerjee, Founder of SUCCESS INDIA
- Alan Harpham, Spirit at Work movement, UK
Papers & workshop summary
See what papers and workshops will be presented: Papers & workshops summary & the Schedule for concurrent sessions
Conference start and finish times
Registration on Thursday is officially open until 6.00pm. There are Welcome drinks from 5.30pm and dinner. The Conference Opening is at 7.00pm. The conference ends around 12:45pm on Sunday. If you wish to stay for lunch, this can be booked and paid for separately. People coming from afar who wish to stay at St Joseph’s on Sunday night may also do so. This is booked and paid for separately. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (02) 9945 3345
Click here: program schedule & Schedule for concurrent sessions
A unique conference…..
The conference provides several uniquely developed focal points. The conference team has created an intentional and dynamic learning environment. The program provides relevant and trans-formative personal and professional development. And, together through participatory design and rich ceremonies we will create a sense of community that all can share in.
Intentional and dynamic learning environment:
- Participate in a learning process that balances rich content with experiential, reflective and body-focused activities
- Explore the nature of wisdom in an environment that embodies the feel and values of a retreat
- Experience theatre and arts-based approaches that push your creativity and insights beyond the familiar, and have fun
- Engage in an individual and collective learning journey
- Nurture your capacity for spiritual insight by being a member of a learning community that is held within a sacred space bound by ritual, ceremony and lively festivities
- Participate in a trusting, respectful community where you can be your full authentic self
- Make new friends amongst open-minded and warm-hearted colleagues who also wish to share and enjoy their journey towards spiritual mastery
Personal and professional development:
- Gain knowledge and practices that will help you to step into your own wisdom and inspire others to do the same
- Become a spokesperson for the value of spirituality in leadership and management, and develop your own personal wisdom as a practitioner
- Share your troubles and concerns, your insights and questions, and reconnect to your inspiration, passion and joy for living.
See our “Conference experience” page.