The 8th International SLaM Conference
The 8th International Conference is now over, but the feedback from participants has been heart-warming. The conference took on the theme of “wisdom at work” both in terms of the content of the talks and workshops and in terms of the process of the conference itself. In planning the conference, the organising group wanted people to enter into the experience deeply, in a way that would allow the wisdom of the moment to arise. But planning can’t ensure that such a thing will happen….
What many attendees have told us is that the experience for them was wonderful. And the particular things they pointed to covered every aspect of the conference. Here are some of the things they expressed as being highlights for them:
- the opening and closing ceremonies – meaningful, fun, richness
- the keynote addresses (Alan Briskin, Steve Taylor, Margot Cairnes, Alison Yiangou) all praised – “excellent”
- connecting with like-minded people
- feeling grounded, relaxed and happy
- good mix of embodied and “em-brained” activities
- the flow and alchemy of events
- meeting people, opportunities for informal professional connection
- the play (“Blasphemy and Doubt”) and the discussion afterwards
- the community forums
- the panel sessions
- mask-making and the entertainment evening
- the breadth and depth of the program
- emergent moments of enacted wisdom
- the light of wisdom shining in revealing moments
- the excellent keynote presenters and the way they were part of the whole conference
What are you taking away?
Here are just some of the comments we received. We will add more comments, and some photos, soon.
“A bit of needed integration.”
“Contentment with where I am. New possibilities.”
“A spirit of peace and harmony leading to a renewed sense of
“Love. A feeling of being supported in a community. Validation. New friends.”